In August of 2018, your CBWA Board of Directors voted to raise water rates beginning with November billing. A letter was sent out September 18, 2018 explaining the decision to phase in a rate increase over a three-year period. We have now reached Year 2 of the rate increase and your November water bills reflected that increase. Below we’ve outlined the specifics as a reminder.
Flat Minimum Monthly Rates
- Year 1 (November 2018) – $65.00 basic/mo.
- Year 2 (November 2019) – $67.50 basic/mo.
- Year 3 (November 2020) – $70.00 basic/mo.
Excess Water Charge
Excess monthly usage will increase as well, so those who use more water will pay more. It is not thought the excess monthly usage rate will increase after the implementation of the new rates in November 2018.
- $6.00 per/1000 gallons for excess (over 5,000 gallons/mo.) up to 10,000 gallons/mo.
- $8.00 per/1000 gallons for excess from 10,001 to 20,000 gallons/mo.
- $10.00 per/1000 gallons for excess over 20,000 gallons/mo.
Please come to the next CBWA Board meeting if you have questions, concerns, or information pertaining to the good of the association. Meetings are held on the second Tuesday of every month in the CBWA Water Plant at 7:00 PM located at 741 Wagontire Drive.